Kyoto City Bus
•Please enter the bus from the back door, and exit at the front. The bus fare is paid as you get off the bus.
•To use the bus within the city centre, the fare is \230 for adults, and \110 for children (aged 6 to 12 years). The fare for traveling outside of the city center is dependent upon the distance traveled.
•Information about the route the bus will take is indicated by the bus number and main destination displayed on the front, back, and side of the bus near the door.
How to Ride the Bus
1. Looking at the Route Map, search for the bus number which goes from the place you are now, to the place you want to go. Determine the name of the bus stop from where you will ride, and your destination. (The route map can be found at information sites at train and subway stations)
2. Please wait at the bus stop for the bus.
3. On arrival of the bus you want to ride, enter the bus (for ticket buses, please take a ticket). The fare will depend on the number printed on the ticket.
4. When the name of your destination is announced, please press the button to stop the bus.
5. As the bus arrives at your stop, please drop your fare and ticket into the opening at the top of the payment box (1) by the side of the driver.
6. If you used a card, please enter it into the card reader (4). The fare is displayed on the chart near the exit.